Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tool #3

Being able to find helpful videos for students will be an important part of my lesson. It will never be used to replace instruction, but as a supporting material. For example, I remember when I started pre-algebra and heard "combine like terms." I immediately shut my teacher out like WHY ARE THERE LETTERS ON THE BOARD?! THIS IS MATH! The way this teacher explains it is really helpful and breaks it down step-by-step!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BwypzLf4pCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, KhanAcademy is a really helpful supporting material! This video really reinforces converting decimals to fractions!
<a style="display: block; padding-left: 5px; font-size: 16px; color: #111; line-height: 16px; font-family: helvetica;" href="http://www.khanacademy.org/video/converting-decimals-to-fractions-1--ex-1?utm_medium=link&utm_content=DR2DYe7PI74&utm_campaign=embed&utm_term=title" target="_blank">
    <b>Converting decimals to fractions 1 (ex 1)</b>: Converting decimals to fractions 1 (ex 1)
</a>
<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="810" height="530" src="http://www.khanacademy.org/embed_video?v=DR2DYe7PI74"></iframe>

Basically what I learned is that we can use some stuff online without copyrights, but that it's a good idea to attribute credit to where you got the work. I found it interesting that copy rights have no limit. I would think that it would have a term limit kind of like a patent. Feel free to copy my stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment