Friday, September 28, 2012

Tool #11


For your final 11 Tools post, answer these questions:

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

My favorite tools are embedding videos into the blog so that students could have a tutoring center for questions on homework. Also, I want to take advantage of the opportunity to collaborate with each other and other classes in order to promote horizontal learning. I definitely want to take advantage of using Edmodo to collaborate with the other classes to create a review. 

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
I realize now how important it is to have the technology incorporated into my classroom. It makes it more entertaining for them and less difficult for me. I feel like it will really individualize the learning experience for each student. I will definitely change my lesson plans because I will now think about how I can release control to the students to learn.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was not surprised by the section on digital citizenship, but I did think it was helpful to me because it brought up a lot of points that I might now have thought of to discuss with the students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment