Friday, September 28, 2012

Tool #10

Being a responsible digital citizen means that they understand that it is to be used for purposeful collaboration. I want to teach them about the safety of putting things on the internet and about how they are permanently on there. Also, I want to teach them that the material that is on the internet is other people's work and that it is never acceptable to just copy someone else's work. I plan to show them the video about understanding digital citizenship before they are allowed to use the technology. I will play a game of "Do's and Don'ts by modeling different internet behaviors. Also, they will need to sign a contract with me about the appropriate use of the technology letting me know that they are agreeing to be responsible. I would share these with the parents after giving them a debrief on the things that the students agreed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment